Why not to take M.Tech in ISM Dhanbad

m-tech

Hi All,

While going through random sites for GATE 2015 analysis; I found people asking about getting seats in ISM, Which compelled me to write this in a hope to help them all.

First of of all I am a M.Tech final year Mechanical Engineering student of ISM. Unfortunately unplaced but having a 10 grade point. :smiley:

If one is having a score more than 500 holds good to get a seat in ism. But if you are looking for a job after M.Tech then ISM will not be a good choice because of the following points

1. No company prefer to take M.Tech Students
  2. Only few students of my branch are placed and that too in IT companies.
  3. No college / university visited ISM for faculty recruitment (whereas they visit iits).
  4. Now for job you need to go for Ph.D so at that time IITan will get an extra edge over ISM people
  5. Lab, internet, library facilities very poor compared to IITs.
  6. You will get no time for preparing yourself for competitive exams.
  7. No exposure to industry you gonna get.
  8. No PSU visiting the campus will allow m.tech students to appear in job interview.
  9. Last but not the least, you will always have to go through a sense of inferiority and alienation among the B.Techs here.

One thing I must include here, perhaps leaving the job I got from campus recruitment in B.Tech and joining M.Tech was a very bad decision. Because if you join any job after M.Tech you gonna lose your seniority in that company and also promotions.

GATE College Predictor & Branch Predictor