Continuing the discussion from WBJEE 2017 Application Form Filling Queries [Registration & Submission]:
The domicile requirement for WBJEE 2017 has been explained by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board.
Requirements in terms of WBJEE Domicile Criteria
There is no particular Domicile requirement to appear in the WBJEE 2017. However, the State (West Bengal) Domicile is required for admission to any Government Engineering / Technology / Pharmacy Colleges of the State as well as for admission to any reserved category of seats in respect of any course in any of the enlisted Universities / University Departments as well as in any Engineering / Technology / Pharmacy Colleges of the State. Domicile is also required for any seat under the TFW (Tuition Fee Waiver) Scheme.
The candidate need to download the required proforma from information brochure and keep the certificate ready to be produced during counseling, admission etc. If the domicile certificate is then found to be invalid, the candidate will lose the opportunity of admission.
Criteria to be treated as domicile of West Bengal and applicable proforma of certificate
Only those candidates will be treated as domicile of West Bengal who are either,
- a) residing in West Bengal continuously at least for last 10 (ten) years as on 31.12.2016
- b) whose parent(s) is/are permanent resident(s) of West Bengal having permanent address within the State of West Bengal.
In case of a) above, the certificate is to be obtained in per forma ‘a1’ or proforma ‘a2’.
In case of b) above, the certificate is to be obtained in pro forma ‘b’. Proforma ‘a1’ and ‘b’ are to be certified by government officials as detailed below and proforma ‘a2’ is to be certified by the head of the institution wherefrom the candidate passed or appeared 10+2 level examination.
Competent authority to issue WBJEE domicile certificate
Proforma ‘a1’ or ‘b’ must be signed and certified by any of the following competent authorities from Central Government or State Government having local jurisdiction over the place of the permanent residence of the concerned candidate or his / her parents, as the case may be, viz.
- District Magistrate, Additional District Magistrate, Deputy Magistrate, Deputy Collector, Sub – Divisional Officer, Block Development Officer.
- Superintendent of Police, Additional Superintendent of Police, Sub Divisional Police Officer, Deputy Superintendent of Police,
- Commissioner, Additional Commissioner, Joint Commissioner, Deputy Commissioner, Assistant Commissioner of Police Commissionerate.
- Judicial Magistrate of any rank or position in the concerned district or Metropolitan locality or Hon’ble High Court at Calcutta or Hon’ble Supreme Court of India.
- Corporation Area - Commissioner, Additional Commissioner, Joint Commissioner, Assistant Commissioner.
- Assistant Secretary or above in the Secretariat to the Government of West Bengal (including GTA) or Central Government.
- Deputy Director or above in the Directorate to the Government of West Bengal or Central Government.
Proforma ‘a2’ must be signed and certified by the Head of the Institution from which the candidate has passed or will appear in 10+2 examination. Such certificate must be issued after verification of the school education record of the candidate.
If you have any queries about WBJEE’s domicile requirements, ask here.