How to prepare for NDA 2015? Please recommend books also (if any)
UPSC NDA 2015 Examination consists of 2 Papers, Mathematics (300 marks) and General Ability Test (600 marks) with objective type questions. The duration for each Paper is 2½ hours. Negative marking is applicable.
Preparing for Paper 1 - Mathematics
This test will cover topics like Integral Calculus, Differential Equations, Trigonometry, Algebra, Vector Algebra, Matrices and Determinants, Analytical Geometry, Statistics & Probability.
To prepare for this section, the first and foremost requirement is to have clarity in concepts. The questions will test your basic understanding of the concepts. Go back to the basics if concepts are not clear and try to solve as many sums as possible. Do try to solve mock questions too to a great extent.
You will also have to learn effective time management, wherein you solve all the questions within the stipulated time. Ideally, there would be 200 questions to be solved within 120 minutes, so you will have to practice to come up with the answers in less than a minute.
Preparing for Paper 2 - General Ability
General Ability is further divided into two parts
Part A: English
The English test is for 200 marks and covers topics like vocabulary, grammar and usage and comprehension. This test evaluates the basic command a person has on the language.
To prepare for this test, read English newspaper daily, learn new words, go back to basic grammar and learn the rules thoroughly. Try to solve as many English tests as possible.
Part B: General Knowledge (GK)
The GK test is for 400 marks and will check a candidates general understanding and his insight into the Current Affairs within the country and outside. The test will comprise six sections: General Science, Indian history, Physics, Geography, Chemistry and Current Events.
To prepare for this test, follow the news updates regularly, be aware of the latest happenings in the field of sports, arts, literature, and the like. Read about the current economic scenario in the country, the recent and past policy changes and such other topics that are directly related to India and its neighbouring countries.
Some other Tips for NDA Examination
- First go through the last five years questions papers.
- Note the number of Questions from each chapter and find the average over the years. Concentrate on those chapters who are easier to handle and provide maximum no of questions.
- Basic things must be covered in all chapters, because sometimes the questions are quite easy from some of the chapters.
- Revision several times is must. More the revision better it is especially for Math.
- Level of preparation can be evaluated by mock tests/joining Coaching Institute
Strategy at Exam Hall
- Have an initial look at the entire paper for the first 2-3 minutes. It will stabilize your heart beat and you will feel more confident to answer.
- Start answering the easiest questions.
- First few questions, may not involve any calculations and may be just ticked for their answers. It will make you comfortable.
- Most difficult or the time consuming questions to be attempted last.
Other Important Resources
UPSC NDA NA (1) 2015 admit card has been released online for download.
Download the NDA admit card by logging in using RID, roll number or name.
Hey HI…I wrote NDA2015 april exam and they said the results will be available on last week of july of 2015 but its august now; could someone provide when they will declare the results.As the time has come to peak to join into other colleges.
Yes we also have the same information for the Result date. But, Result has not declared yet.
Keep calm. Have Patience.
As soon as we get to know, we will update it here - http://admission.aglasem.com/upsc-nda-na-1-result/
UPSC NDA (I) Result 2015 is announced. Candidates can check their result at: http://admission.aglasem.com/upsc-nda-na-1-result/
You can also refer to UPSC NDA Cut Offs to get an Idea about the marks required for selection.
For UPSC NDA (II) 2015 information Click Here