Continuing the discussion from JEE Main 2015 Application Form Queries [Registration and Submission]:
Confused about the thumb impression to be uploaded in JEE Main 2015 application form? You can read the step by step guidelines to upload your Thumb Impression for JEE Main 2015 Application Form.
Which thumb impression is needed? Left or Right?
- Left hand Thumb Impression for boys.
- Right hand Thumb Impression for girls.
What is the size required?
- Size of the the thumb impression should be 3.5 cm by 1.5 cm.
Step 1 - Use an ink pad and firmly press your thumb on it.
Step 2 - On a white sheet of paper, place your thumb impression.
Step 3 - Scan this sheet.
Step 4 - Crop the thumb impression and place in a canvas of size 3.5 cm by 1.5 cm in MS Paint or photoshop.
Step 5 - Save it as .jpeg of size less than 30 kb.
But my thumb is larger than 3.5 cm. What should I do?
Follow steps 1 to 3 as given above. Then do this.
- Open a canvas of size 3.5 cm by 1.5 cm in MS Paint / photoshop / gimp.
- Place the scanned image on this canvas and resize the image, while maintaining proportions.
- Proceed to step 5.
So have you understood now what to do about your thumb impression? If you still have doubts, please comment below!