SSC CGL 2014 - 2015 Analysis, Expected Cut Off & Chance of Selection

cgle
ssc
cutoff

SSC CGL- Tier II Exam for 2014 was conducted on April 12, 2015. The paper was easier than that of the previous year.

Paper I (Quantitative Abilities)

The paper comprised questions from a variety of areas. A substantial part of the paper was Arithmetic, which had questions from Ratio/Alligation, Profit & Loss, Averages, Time-Speed-Distance, Time & Work and Percentages. Also, a lot of questions were from Number System, Algebra, Geometry, Mensuration and Trigonometry. A good number of these questions could have been done by looking at the options carefully. Except for some questions in Algebra and Geometry which needed some innovative approach, rest of the questions were typical SSC type. There was, however, 1 question in which none of the given options was correct as the question itself was incorrect due to ambiguity of language. In comparison with QA questions of CGL Tier II, 2013, these questions were less calculation intensive.

Paper II (English Language & Comprehension)

This section was dominated by Grammar and Vocabulary. In Vocabulary, there were questions on Synonyms/Antonyms, One word substitution, Wrongly Spelt Words, Idioms and Sentence Completion. In Grammar, there were questions on Sentence Improvement, Spot the Error, Sentence Completion, Active & Passive and Narration. Other than these, there were 4 Reading Comprehension passages - two followed by ten questions each and the other two by five questions each. The RCs were followed by direct questions from the passages. A few questions on Narration, Reading Comprehension and Spot the Error were tricky. Questions on Cloze Test were based on both vocabulary and grammar.

If you have given SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam, you can check SSC CGL Answer Keys below to know the estimated marks you will get this year.

Click Here for Answer Key of 11 Apr 2015 & 12 Apr 2015 Papers
Click Here for Question Papers

Once you have calculated your marks please share with for discussing the chances of your selection.

Only those candidates who secure at least the minimum qualifying marks in the written examination, as may be fixed by the Commission at its discretion, will be called for skill test.

Good Attempts and Scores

SSC CGL Expected Cut Off

A score in the range 325-335 in Tier II of this examination should be good enough for the aspirants to move to the next round.

Expected cut-off marks (Tier I + Tier II)

You can also refer to the SSC CGL 2013 Tier 2 Cut Offs HERE and Final Selection Cut Offs for 2013 HERE.

Could you share answers to paper set number 042PP4(english paper cgl tier 2 held on 12 april).Or can you just share any english question paper with answers marked.I came across one paper but answers have not been uploaded for same.

Question Paper with Answers Marked on it is now available at: http://admission.aglasem.com/ssc-cgl-answer-key-tier-2/

If answer key for your set is not published you can match questions with this paper and calculate the marks.

To me most of the answers in the official Answer Key of SSC seems to be wrong. Is it true?