NEET UG 2017 Frequently Asked Question
Who can appear in NEET-UG, 2017?
- Indian Nationals
- Non Resident Indians (NRIs)
- Oversees Citizen of India (OCIs)
- Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs)
- Foreign Nationals are eligible to appear in NEET (UG)-2017.
What is the minimum qualification for appearing in NEET-UG, 2017 for candidates of unreserved category?
- The candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Bio-technology at the qualifying examination.
In respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes or Other Backwards Classes, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology taken together in qualifying examination be 40% instead of 50% for General candidates. Further, for persons with locomotor disability of lower limbs, the minimum of 45% marks for General-PH and 40% marks for SC-PH/ST-PH/OBC-PH are required. Those who are appearing in Class XII examination in 2017 can also appear for the entrance test provisionally subject to their fulfilling the conditions later.
Indian Nationals, Non-Resident Indians (NRI’s), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI’s), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO’s) & Foreign Nationals are eligible for appearing in the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test 2017
What is the Age Limit to appear for NEET UG 2017 ?
The candidate must have completed the age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December 2017 i.e. the year of his/her admission to the 1st year M.B.B.S./B.D.S. Course.
The upper age limit for candidates seeking admission inMBBS/BDS seats shall be 25 years as on the date of examination with a relaxation of 5 years for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category.
General Category candidates should be born or between - 08 May 1992 and 01 January 2001
- SC / ST / OBC candidates should be born or between - 08 May 1987 and 01 January 2001
How many times candidates can appear for NEET UG
The number of attempts which a candidate can avail at National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test UG 2017 limited to 3 (Three) uniformly for all the candidates.
The candidates who have already appeared in AIPMT/NEET on three occasions are not allowed to take this examination The candidates will be required to give an undertaking in this regard and submitting false undertaking may result in cancellation of the candidature and action in accordance with norms for handling UFM cases. (As per letter no. U.12023/16/2010- ME-II dated 17.01.2017 received from MoH&FW)
The previous attempts in AIPMT/NEET will be counted against these 3 permissible attempts. The candidates who have already exhausted their allowed 3 attempts are not eligible to apply for NEET (UG),
What is PH 1 & PH 2 in NEET 2017
Differently abled candidates as per MCI guidelines are:
- PH-1: Candidates with locomotor disability of lower limbs from 50% to 70%
- PH-2: Candidates with locomotor disability of lower limbs from 40% to less than 50%
What would be the Language of the Question Papers of NEET 2017
Through NEET-UG against which seats admissions will be made?
- All India Quota Seats.
- State Government Quota Seats
- State/Private/Management/NRI Quota Seats in all Private Medical / Dental Colleges or any Private/ Deemed University
- Central Pool Quota Seats
If any candidate face problem in filling up of form, to whom can he approach?
- Common Services Centres will act as the Facilitation Centres this time and will provide the services against the fee prescribed.
- They are advised to make themselves acquaint with the application form given in Information Bulletin and also on website.
- They can go through the Replica of NEET-UG, 2017 application.
If mistakenly during filling up of the form, wrong particulars are filled in the online form, how it will be corrected.
- an opportunity after a week of last date will be given to the candidates for such corrections, if any. No correction will be allowed thereafter. All the information (especially category) which is correct on the date of submission of form will be considered valid and no change is allowed later.
Is it compulsory to take Maths if I want to appear in NEET-UG, 2017?
- Mathematics is not required for NEET-UG, 2017.
Do you have any Aadhar Card regarding query ? Please go through the Aadhar Card FAQs