My BJMC Admission Experience

bjmc

Till the results of our 10+2 board exams are announced, we stay in constant pressure and feel like once the results will be out everything in life will get sorted out. Little we know that actually these are the happy times because the pressure that time brings with it in the future has no match. Finding out your passion and getting admission in a reputed college is not an easy task.

First, I joined B.Com

I completed my 10+2 with Commerce and Maths (in 2011) and so was expected to pursue B.com and CA because that is the most obvious thing. So to live up to everyone’s expectations I joined Allahabad University for B.com and got registered for CA too.

It just took me few days to realise that I had made a big mistake.

I had always wished for doing something related to the Mass Media. I liked writing. Soon I started to research on the courses available related to Mass Media on the internet.

After analyzing a dozen of courses I narrowed down to BJMC (Bachelors in Journalism and Mass Communication).

It was a wholesome course that offered knowledge about every Mass Media - print media (newspapers), electronic media (tv and radio) and new media (internet). It also included writing, public relations, advertising and event management.

Highly fascinated by the course, I got excited and finalized it for myself. Convincing my parents was a task but if you honestly want to do something, they will definitely understand. I got them on board in a few days itself. Till now I had stopped going to B.com and CA classes.

Now my entire focus was on finding the right college.

Internet is a very powerful medium, if used wisely. I took full advantage of our beloved Google in researching about colleges for BJMC all over India.

I preferred institutions run by various media houses such as NDTV, Zee Network, News 24, Jagran etc. Then there were Symbiosis, Amity and Sikkim Manipal University. I studied their course structure thoroughly. But still I wasn’t able to be sure of anyone.

I was looking for a college that offered a decent course structure, has excellent infrastructure and environment and a reasonable fee amount.

Continuing my college hunt, I saw this commercial on TV of Lovely Professional University.

I immediately started to research on it and it turns out that it fulfilled all my requirements.

Then I made a visit to the university to have look at the campus and how the study is conducted. Only after being completely satisfied I decided to go for it. So in a way it was through a Mass Media (TV) that I got a platform to pursue my passion for Mass Media.

The admission process at Lovely Professional University was quite simple.

Being a private university, its eligibility requirement were just that a candidate must be a 10+2 pass out with maximum 50% marks in English. It also offered scholarships to students who had scored 70% + marks in their 10+2. For those who had scored less than 70% marks, it conducted a test and offered scholarship based on the marks scored in that test. During the time of admissions, it has its centres opened up in different cities all across India. I went up to their admission centre in Varanasi, filled out the form, paid the advance and got myself registered. Rest of the formalities were completed at their campus in Jalandhar and then finally, the classes commenced. I began my graduation after a whole one year of completing 10+2. And it was worth.

So if you have any queries on BJMC like the course structure, colleges for BJMC, admission process, scope of BJMC and etc, please ask in the comments below.