Here I am listing the most popular LLB Admission and Entrance Exams in India.
DU LLB Entrance Exam
University of Delhi offers 3 yr LLB admission. At the time of writing this article, there are close to 2600 seats in DU. These points are noteworthy
- Entrance exam is usually held in the month of June.
- Applicant must fulfill eligibility condition with respect to educational qualification, such as 50% marks in graduation / post graduation for General / OBC candidates.
- For more on DU LLB, click here.
BHU UET Law
Banaras Hindu University conducts Undergraduate Entrance Test for several courses, among which is 3 year LLB. There are approximately 230 seats for this 6 semester course. The BHU Law School is situated in Varanasi, UP and following can be kept in mind on BHU Law admission
- BHU Law Entrance Exam will consist of questions on English language comprehension, Hindi language comprehension, general awareness, current affairs, legal knowledge, aptitude, mental ability.
- Candidate must have studied UG course such as BA / B.Com /Bsc / Shastri with at least 50% marks in graduation.
- For more on BHU UET, click here.
Note that this is only an entrance test. There are several law colleges that accept the LSAT India scores and offer 3 year LLB admission on basis of LSAT India result. At the moment there are more than 65 associated colleges with LSAC for LSAT India.
- Exam is held in several cities in India.
- Candidates are required to register for the test at LSAC LSAT India website.
- Test is usually in the month of April.
- For more on LSAT India, click here.
PU LLB Law Entrance and Admission
Department of Laws, Punjab University offers 3 year LLB on basis of entrance test result. Every year the university invites applications in April and holds exam in June. A quick glance at its key points bring up the following notes
- A general candidate must have at least 45% in graduation in order to be eligible for Panjab Law entrance test.
- Through Panjab University Law Entrance Test there are around 200 seats under Department of Laws, 58 in Muktsar regional centre, 72 in Ludhiana regional centre, 60 in UILS.
- For more on PU LLB Entrance Test, click here.
AP LAWCET, TS LAWCET
In the state of Andhra Pradesh the AP LAWCET is held and in Telangana state the TS LAWCET is held. Both are organized in the month of May. Candidates of respective states can apply and appear in the exams for LLB admission in state wide colleges.
CEE Kerala LLB
Note that CEE Kerala holds 3 year LLB as well as 5 year LLB entrance exams. Such candidates who are appearing after class 12 can go for 5 year LLB CEE Kerala entrance exams. Candidates who are applying after graduation can appear in 3 year LLB CEE Kerala entrance exam.
- It is organized by the Commissionerate of Entrance Exams.
- CEE Kerala's LLB entrance test is a state level entrance test, for admission to several participating colleges.
- Each year it is held in September.
- For more on CEE Kerala LLB entrance exam, click here.