JEE Main 2015 Question Paper Discussion

paper
jee-main

The largest engineering entrance exam, JEE (Main) 2015 is organized by Central Board of Secondary Education. The question papers, answer keys, and solutions of the Joint Entrance Examination are published online for the reference of candidates.

Here you can discuss the question paper of JEE Main 2015. Candidates can view the question paper here.

We have published the Answer Keys on AglaSem Admission. You can view the JEE Main 2015 answer keys here.

If you think there is some mistake in the answer key, you can post the questions here and we will try to solve it.

Please mention the following details while asking your question.

If offline exam - 04.04.2015

• Paper 1, or Paper 2.
  • Set - A / B / C / D
  • Question Number
  • Answer in your opinion

If online exam - 10.04.2015, 11.04.2015

• Date - 10.04.2015 or 11.04.2015
  • Subject
  • Question Number
  • Answer in your opinion

JEE Main 2015 Result

Click Here to view details and date of result declaration for JEE Main 2015.

For JEE Main Complete Information & Resources Click Here

Jee main online 11 april 2015 question paper
Jee main online 11 april 2015 question paper

The question number 47 for Permutation and combination.
You should check it once because the correct answer is 3) 72 you have mentioned 1) 192
please reply me I can get you whole explanation :smiley:

Hi , Pl help on predication of AIR , Branch & College available for JEE Mains-2015 expected marks-147 , Expected CBSE XII Board Marks-85 % , GN Category . Thanks.

@Ryan_Martien
No,
there are (120) 5 digit number greater than 6000
and (72) 4 digit number greater than 6000
totally 192 numbers

Date of exam - 10.04.2015
Subject - Chemistry
Question Number - 12
Answer in my opinion - Metal carbonate

Your answer is metal oxide.

Subject - Chemistry
Question Number - 17
Answer in my opinion - The use of polystyrene is in manufacturing toys and polyvinyl chloride is used in manufacturing of rain coats

I think option 4 is correct

Yes you are right manoj
Also in the Aldol Cannizzaro I think there are 2 answers

Subject - Chemistry
Question Number - 5
Answer in my opinion - Ans is (4) not (1) as it would be BaCl2.2H2O.

B is 3- phenyl, 2- methyl ,2- propene
B on ozonolysis gives benzaldehyde and acetone
Benzaldehyde gives cannizaro reaction … Acetone gives aldol condensation …

@Siddhant_Chadha
Option 3 is correct

Can we share our answers to questions here. A little temporary answer key before these guys are able to release their own. [It currently say Physics and Maths will be here soon, only chem answer key is available (for 10th April exam)]

We don’t know the correct answers … Let these guys provide the key. Then we shall express our opinion… There is no point in sharing our answers since our answers mightnot be correct … It cannot serve as temporary key … Lets wait and voice our opinion later … @Shashwat_Chaudhary

But even option 1 May be right as it would give formaldehyde which gives Cannizzaro and the other product can give aldol…@manoj

In case of primary halide, both SN2 and E2 mechanisms compete. However, in case of tertiary halide, E2 dominates (since alc. KOH is a strong base, SN1 is not possible and SN2 is very slow with tertiary halides). Hence, if we look at the major product part of the question (also we know where the double bond will be in the major alkene because of the resonance, another addition to major product certainty), it becomes clear that tertiary halide is more favourable. Also, the white ppt. in case of AgNO3 takes longer (quite long) to form. While your logic regarding formaldehyde and the other product is correct, the most appropriate answer (which is the one to be chosen in case of single correct answer type question), will be benzaldehyde acetone one.

That’s okay shalwat but an examiner does not award answer on basis of what is appropriate it does on basis of what is correct and other is not…there is always only one answer to a question…I think it would be given as bonus to everyone who attempted…coz if we start thinking practically then benzaldehyde has extended conjugation and resonance so for it to undergo Cannizzaro we must have little extreme conditions but no where it is mentioned and they have also not talked about the time to react with agno3

@Siddhant_Chadha
I don’t have any idea what relation you’re trying to draw between extended conjugation (-R effect of -CHO group) and reactivity towards cannizarro. -R group deactivates the ring while the oxidation and reduction occur on the -CHO group which exists outside the ring (as a side chain if you we call it that).
As far as extreme conditions are concerned, Cannizarro reaction requires strongly alkaline medium, and that is irrespective of the reactant (whether benzaldehyde or formaldehyde). It takes place in conc. NaOH/KOH only.

can you tell when will i get mail of my online jee main question paper held on 11 april?

Subject - Mathematics
Question Number - 6
Answer in my opinion - Answer given by you is 29.5, but correct answer is 28.

Clarification / rectification of answers

JEE Main 2015 Online Paper 10.04.2015

Chemistry

Qs 5. A sample of a hydrate of Barium Chloride weighing 61 g was heated until all the water of hydration is removed. The dried sample weighed 52 g. The formula of the hydrated salt is. (atomic mass of Ba = 137 amu, Cl = 35.5 amu)

Answer is BaCl2.2H2O.

Qs 12. In the isolation of metals, calcination results in

1. Metal Hydroxide
  2. Metal Sulphide
  3. Metal Oxide
  4. Metal Carbonate

As you can see in NCERT chapter 6, Calcinaton involves heating when the volatile matter escapes leaving behind the metal oxide. Thus, the correct answer should be (3) Metal oxide.

Qs 17. Match the polymers in column A with their main uses in column B.

Correct answer

A. Polystyrene - iii. Manufacture of toys
B. Glyptal - i. Manufacture of paints and lacquers
C. Polyvinyl Chloride - ii. Rain coats
D. Bakelite - iv. Computer discs

In the discussions going above I have been able to identify these three questions. If I have missed any question, please comment again below by mentioning these details.

If offline exam - 04.04.2015

• Paper 1, or Paper 2.
  • Set - A / B / C / D
  • Question Number
  • Answer in your opinion

If online exam - 10.04.2015, 11.04.2015

• Date - 10.04.2015 or 11.04.2015
  • Subject
  • Question Number
  • Answer in your opinion

You will most probably receive the JEE Main 11 April 2015 question paper in your email ID by evening. Just check your inbox and spam mail once.

JEE Main Online 10.04.2015

Physics

Qs. 7 - My answer is coming (2). The volume increases along d->c and a->b. a->d is adiabatic, volume increases (see figure in question), hence pressure must decrease. In your answer the volume decreases and pressure increases.

Qs. 28 - Can someone explain how the answer is the 4th one, mine is coming 3rd one. (I used Heisenberg uncertainty principal).

Qs. 8 - Can anyone explain how answer is the third one i.e. q=1 ?

Qs. 29 - Can someone explain 29 (I think the answer should be 4T/R, I may be wrong)?

Qs. 30 - For vernier calipers, zero error is subtracted from measured value to give actual value (corrected diameter). Hence the answer must be 0.59 cm and not 0.53 cm.

Maths

Qs. 24 - Limit one, my answer is coming 3/2 (not 3).

Please look at these queries. Thank you.