Is AIPMT the best choice for my nephew?

Hi,

My nephew completed his 10th (CBSE) from Andhra Pradesh. He is pursuing his 11th (State Board) in Tamil Nadu. As a result of this he becomes a non-local when it comes to eligibility for MBBS in AP (chances are very low for a seat as we belong to Forward Category). He is not eligible for direct MBBS counselling in Tamil Nadu too because of the rules here. I am confused in this situation. Is AIPMT the only choice he has?

Is he first of all eligible for AIPMT too if he has completed his 10th from Andhra Pradesh?

First of all you should not decide course based on eligibility or reservations. You should understand the interest of the candidate and motivate him towards the field he wants to be.

If candidate is interested in medical filed only, you should prepare him to score well and get through All India Quota and not wait for reserved seats or direct admissions.

All Indian candidates are eligible for AIPMT All India Quota. Apart from this there are exams like AIIMS, JIPMER, CMC where he can apply for admission.

EAMCET

The largest medical entrance exam in Andhra Pradesh has been EAMCET. I suppose that if he satisfies their eligibility criteria, he should appear for EAMCET too. (Please note that the rules of AP and TS EAMCET are quite complicated. Pls read the EAMCET details and brochure at https://www.apeamcet.org/ to know the eligibility conditions).

MEDCO MCET AC

The medical and dental private colleges body conduct this exam.

Medical Entrance Exams conducted by Colleges

Don’t forget that there are several All India level exams conducted by colleges separately. This includes AIIMS, JIPMER, SRM, Amrita University, COMEDK UGET and so on. There are so many MBBS entrance exams in India (please go to Medical Entrance Exams page for our aggregated list).

As the rules for Andhra Pradesh are slightly different from the rest of India, I would suggest that you scrutinize the eligibility criteria applicable for any exam before applying. But don’t lose heart, there are many options available! :smile: Best of luck!