How to prepare for Long Answers in CLAT 2015 for LLM Course?

clat
preparation

Continuing the discussion from CLAT - Common Law Admission Test:

I am planning to appear for CLAT PG 2015 for LLM Course and preparing for the same.

I am facing problems in preparing for the answers of jurisprudence and constitutions. These questions have essay type answers / long answers.

Kindly refer some important book.
Also suggest pattern for a systematic study of this portion.

The long answer questions are based only on basics. A strong foundation of basic concepts of law was all one needed to sail through this section.

Long answer questions deal with judicial review, nature and types of rights, sovereign immunity and the nature of ownership and possession of property. This section worth 100 marks.

Long answers are all about basics of constitutional law, property law and jurisprudence, thus every law student has to have learnt these things.

Twenty five marks is huge for one question in a competitive examination. This is because a candidate might be really good but may not be well-versed with any one long answer question, which would result in a substantial loss.

Important Bokks for CLAT LLM

1. Study Package for CLAT & LLM Entrance Examinations by A.P Bhardwaj
  2. Guide to Common Law Admission Test by Hema Raman
  3. LLM entrance exam guide by Asian books private ltd
  4. Comprehensive Book of English Grammar by Dr. B. B. Jain
  5. Common Law Admission Test CLAT (Guide) by Rph Editorial Board
  6. Common Law Admission Test by Lal and Mishra

I personally believe that it helps when short answers worth 10-15 marks are a better test of calibre than only 4 long answer questions worth 25 marks each.

Twenty-five marks is huge for one question in a competitive examination. This is because a candidate might be really good but may not be well-versed with any one long answer question, which would result in a substantial loss.