GATE 2016 Application Form [Submission & Correction]

form-correction
gate
application

Continuing from GATE 2016 Discussion

The GATE 2016 Application Form submission is going on at the moment. Cases of wrong details submitted in the application form are aplenty! If you have entered incorrect details or uploaded wrong scanned images, keep calm! There is no point in panicking. We are here to help you out.

This is AglaSem’s official thread for GATE 2016 Application related queries. You can ask your questions here for GATE application form 2016.

The GATE online application processing system allows you to save partially filled forms. Once you register, an Enrolment ID is generated. You can log in using the ID and password any time in the GOAPS. Please follow the steps below to edit your form.

• Go to GOAPS at http://gate.iitk.ac.in/GATE2015/.
  • Click on GOAPS link on the main page.
  • Enter your enrolment ID which was sent during registration.
  • Enter the password you created while registering.

After completing all the steps upto PDF application form generation in the ONLINE application process, you can only download the application form and CANNOT modify the data. Hence you need to be very careful while entering the data.

Facility to make few corrections in Application Form

Mobile number and Email id cannot be changed after the submission of the application.

Name Change: For small change of an applicant name or parent’s name, please email to your Zonal GATE Office. Any major change in name has to be substantiated with document proof.

For change in subject, candidate need to fill new application form with different email and phone number.

Category can be changed. You can send email to your Zonal GATE Office. Change will be done with no refund. For change from SC/ ST to GN/ OBC, the procedure will be notified later.

Requests for change of examination city will be accepted till 20th November, 2015 with a fee of Rs. 400/-(four hundred only) to be paid online using GOAPS. Online payment for this purpose will be enabled in GOAPS after October 15, 2015.

Let us know what mistake you made while applying online for GATE Exam 2016. Lets discus and reach to best possible solutions.

Click Here for GATE 2016 Complete Information

Mistake in Gate 2016

Also note that candidates need not to send the print out of the GATE 2016 Application Form. You can check the GATE 2016 Application Status by logging onto GOAPS website.

Hello,
How to upload the relevant document in case of change of name?
Such option is not given in the online form whereas the notification mentions that you can do so.

Hello
I have done my masters in Cellulose and Paper Technology. While filling up the form for GATE I choose the option “All other discipline in Science”. However below it was mentioned that one should choose this only if the degree is obtained from country other then India. Please do inform me what should be choosen for my subject. I wish to appear in the exam for Biotechnology field, in which I had done my graduation. I shall be pleased if you would suggest me if I can fill up the form or not.

Awaiting for the reply.

I have applied for gate 2016 recently.I got a defect stating that my signature is not of correct format. I have rectified it by re uploading to link they have sent to me. My application is still under process.My friends have applied along with me.There applications were accepted on that day itself.I was little frightened.Anyone plzz help me…

If you have upload the correct document now, then you need not to worry. Your document might be in the under process. Check your application status on Monday once.

@Shailaja_B_Chirayath @manju_bisht I will advice you to contact the IISc Bangalore office for your query. As it is a specific problem, they are in a better position to help you.
Contact No : 080-23606761 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5.

We are also trying to get in touch with them so that we can help you. If we will be able to connect with them, we will definitely solve your query. Till then, try to contact them.

Also, @manju_bisht - have you already submitted the form?

GATE fee amount of Rs 750 has been debited from my bank account and GOAPS does not acknowledge any fee payment. So I went for offline through e-challan process and I clicked the payment mode to e-challan process and now that application website shows that my application status is through e-challan mode. Now how can I get back to online payment again, am tensed now.

@Chinna_Raj Did you finally pay the fee through e-challan also?

i have made a mistake in the gate applicant form
my qualifying degree i need to change
from bachelor of engg. to bachelor of technology.
my enrollment id-B335T13
NAME- POOJA KUMARI
EMAILID- [email protected]

There is no provision to make corrections at the moment. Also as per the current notification there is no way to make changes once the Application is submitted and PDF is generated.

However as per previous year trends you may get opportunity to make necessary corrections in qualification examination once the application process is over.

by mistake i upload principle confirmation letter of my friend in my account.Can i change this letter? if yes then how? or can i pay for this process?

Please let me know that have you submitted your form?

hai…actually i uploaded a community certificate instead of the eligibility certificate…can i change this certificate…i didnot submitted yet…actually i tried to change but i cant be change…pls help me

If you have not submit the application form and there is no option for correction, you can contact IISC office for your query.

Or you can wait till “Application Form Correction” link to be available once the application process is over.

yes…i submit my application form. pls tell me what can i do?

There is no provision to make corrections at the moment. Also as per the current notification there is no way to make changes once the Application is submitted and PDF is generated.

However as per previous year trends you may get opportunity to make necessary corrections in qualification examination once the application process is over.

Thanx Mr. Jindal for your reply. I tried to reach these number but iam unable to connect to them and all are not responding. Is there any other way to reach them. I haven’t submitted the form yet.

It is the only way. Try to contact them again in the morning. Hopefully they will respond.

My Friend has applied for GATE 2016 but has entered a wrong mail-id.

All the other details have been rightly given.
What should we do to change the submitted mail id, is there anything that can be done ???

Would be really happy to get a reply soon !
Thank you !