Frequently Asked Questions
1. I have registered online on the DU website, do I still need to fill up the offline form?
No, there’s no offline form.
2. Will there be any disadvantage for gap year students?
No, all you need are the necessary documents.
3. How does one apply through the ECA or Sports quota?
You can apply for ECA and Sports quota also online.
4. After the declaration of the cut-off, are students given admission on a first come, first served basis?
Admission in the colleges are not based on first come first serve policy.
5. I have studied both commerce and accounts in my class XII. Which subject will I have to choose for my best four?
You can choose both the subjects in your ‘Best Four’.
6. I am a science student. Can I apply for Bachelor with honours in Arts/Humanities subjects?
You can apply for Bachelor with honours in Arts/Humanities subjects provided you fulfill specific eligibility condition and meet the requisite cut off.
7. Once I have taken admission in a particular subject, can I change my subject during the course of study or after completing first year?
No, once you’re admitted in a particular subject, you can change your subject only before the last date of admission provided seats are available and you meet the requisite cut off.
8. From where can I get information about admission?
You can get information about admission from the following sources:
University website: www.du.ac.in
University Information Centre- Phone no. 011-27006900/155215
You can visit help desk conducted by the office of Dean Student’s welfare in Room no: 5, 1st floor, Conference Center, opp. Botany department, North Campus. University conducts Open days before the admission process begins.
9. I appeared in class 12th exam last year but failed to clear Mathematics. Then, I appeared in the compartment exam and cleared it. Now, I have two marks sheets, can I get admission?
Yes, you can get admission in Delhi University and you will not be at any disadvantage provided result of compartment exam is declared before the admission is completed.
10. I did not have Mathematics in class 12th .Can I opt for Economics (H) or B com (H)?
No, you can’t opt for Economics (H) or B Com (H) without Mathematics.
11.Is a candidate required to be present in-person on the day of admission?
Yes, candidate must be present on the day of admission in the college along with the desired documents.
12. Can I get fee concession? What is the procedure for fee concession?
Yes, there is a provision for fee concession in most of the colleges but only after admission. You may contact college for details.
13. Can I take admission in two different/same courses in different colleges after declaration of a cut off?
No, you cannot take admission simultaneously in two different courses or same courses in different colleges. In case you take admission at two places, your admission will be cancelled from both the colleges/courses.
14. I was admitted under sports Quota last year but could not clear the first year. Can I apply afresh and also change my course?
You can clear your first year as an ex-student, if your internal assessment is complete (including attendance. In case you have not completed the above said condition, then you must apply afresh.
15. I have appeared in class XII exam from CBSE Delhi. Will I get an advantage of being from Delhi?
No, there is no advantage for having studied in Delhi.
16. I have completed my class XII from NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling can I get admission in regular college?
Yes, you can get admission in regular course provided you have applied in that course / college and meet the cut off.
17. I have just passed class XII from Jamshedpur with science subjects. Can I apply in Delhi University through online form? I am also interested in applying St. Stephens and Jesus Mary College?
Yes, you can apply for undergraduate courses through online form as per the schedule. Please visit the University website. This form is applicable for all courses and colleges where the admission is not based on entrance examination.
18. I belong to ST category and live in Manipur. How can I apply for undergraduate courses in your University?
You can apply online from your place itself.
19. Can I fill online registration form even if I have compartment in class XII?
Yes, you can fill online registration form even if you have compartment in class XII. You will get admission only if you fulfill the minimum eligibility condition/meeting cut off list of that course/college during stipulated period.
20. Is it important to have caste or tribe certificate in the name of candidate?
Yes, if you are applying under any reserved category (SC/ST/OBC/PH, then you must have Caste/Tribe/PwD certificate in the name of candidate. The OBC certificate must also specify that candidates belong to non-creamy layer and caste is listed in the Central Government list.
21. My result is yet to be declared, Can I still submit online registration form?
Yes, you can submit the online registration form by darkening the appropriate circle of result awaited under result section, however you have to fulfill the minimum eligibility condition/meeting cut off list of that course/college during stipulated period.
22. Can I apply in multiple courses in an online form?
Yes, you can apply in multiple courses in one form.
23. In online portal, can two candidates apply from the same account?
No, only a single candidate can apply from an account for UG Admissions.
24. Can I enroll myself for a certificate language course along with my regular graduation course?
Yes, many colleges offer part time certificate courses in office management, foreign languages etc. However, it is advisable not to enroll yourself for any of these during the 1st year. In first year try to understand how your regular course works and you can plan about your certificate course accordingly.
25. I have provided incorrect information while filling up the online registration form and also paid the online registration fees. What shall I do?
After payment of the online registration fee, corrections, additions, deletions etc. in any manner shall not be allowed in the registration form. The candidates are, therefore, advised to fill their forms carefully. Incorrect form will be summarily rejected. However, an applicant can start afresh by online registering again using new registration id and password and applicant will need to submit online registration fee again.