B.Tech in Food Technology is a streamlined field and thus has its own advantages and disadvantages. Among the advantages is the fact that number of quality Food Technology graduates is less in our country whereas job opportunities are aplenty. If you have graduated with good marks and have a worthy track record, you will find wonderful opportunities after doing B.Tech in Food Technology. I have done a little research and can list the following for you.
Career after B.Tech in Food Technology
- Food Corporation of India government jobs
- Reputed private companies such as Amul, Cadbury, Britannia, Nestle also offer good salaried jobs for B.Tech in Food Tech candidates.
- Jobs outside India - There are numerous companies ready to hire you in this specialization. But they prefer candidates with a PG degree as well.
Public / Government sector jobs
- Civil services.
- Export of food stuff Sector
- force,Indian Police Force,Indian
- Ministry of Food and Its Quality
- Nationalized Banks
- Trademarking company
- You can also get job in Indian Army,Navy,Air
Private companies where you can get a job are
- Nestle India
The fact that you have also been taught management skills/entrepreneur skills will be useful for private sector jobs mainly.