B.Tech Admissions in Maharashtra Colleges

I will be appearing for 12th CBSE Boards (Chhattisgarh) and JEE Mains this year i.e 2015. I would like to know the procedure for admissions in Government Colleges of Maharashtra like VJTI Mumbai and COEP Pune.

Will I be eligible for the majority seats considering my parents have Maharashtra domicile.

I have tried to go to the respective college’s websites but they have not updated it. I called the admissions office up and they redirected me to DTE maharashtra’s website which also doesn’t say anything about procedure and important dates.

Admission at dte maharastra

The States of Gujarat, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Uttrakhand, Nagaland & Odisha have joined JEE (Main) system. Therefore, the candidates seeking admission to the institutions in these states, which were earlier admitting based on their State level examination, are advised to appear for JEE Main 2015.

Since the States of Maharashtra and Odisha have joined JEE (Main) system. The age limit, for admission to institutions in these states which were earlier admitting candidates based on their Sate level examinations, will be as per their past practice only. The number of attempts in such cases will also remain same as per their past practice. This will, however, be obviously not applicable for admission to IITs/NITs/IITs/CFTIs.

Admission to Government Colleges in Maharashtra will be based on Centralized Admission Process. Candidate have to fill Online Application Form for Centralized Admission to Engineering / Technology. After Document Verification & Confirmation of Online Application form Merit List of candidates will be displayed. Admission will be done on merit basis.

If your Father / Mother is Domiciled in the State of Maharashtra, you will be treated as Maharashtra Domiciled candidate. You have to produce Domicile certificate at the time of counselling. You will be admitted as Maharashtra candidate.

Please note that this year information is yet not announced by DTE Mharashtra. Things will be more clear once new information is available.

I have secured 69 in JEE Main and 95% in CBSE Boards. My General Maharasthra composite score is 89.25.

Can I get Admission at Maharastra Institute Of Technology (MIT), Pune or Viswakarma Institute of Technology Pune?

@dwaita_ramdas You have chances of getting admission in these colleges. Its difficult to get branches like Electronics, Electrical, Mechanical, Civil and other demanding branches.

Also you can check DTE Maharashtra Cut Offs for engineering courses for all Maharashtra Colleges and Branches to get an idea about possibility of admission in specific college or branch.