AIIMS 2015 Preparation

aiims
preparation

Should we Prepare for AIIMS in the same way as we are Preparing for AIPMT?

• Which books to refer?
  • Which topics have the most weightage?
  • What should be our preparation strategy?

More or less the preparation should remain the same.

Important books for AIIMS 2015 MBBS Preparation

• NCERT Books
  • Physics: CBSE PMT set of 3 Volumes by Anil Aggarwal
  • Pradeep’ Biology
  • SC Verma (Part-1 and 2)
  • ABC Chemistry
  • Arihant Organic Chemistry
  • MTG (Biology Today) CBSE PMT (Subscription)
  • Dinesh Chemistry and Biology
  • Trueman’s Biology
  • AC Dutta for Botany (Oxford Publication)
  • HC Verma for Physics
  • Morrision Boyd for Organic Chemistry
  • Peter Atkins and Julio de Paula for Physical Chemistry
  • Current Science General Knowledge

Topics - I would suggest that you not miss any topic at all.

Strategy - Finish revision by December second week. Devote Dec (3rd and 4th week) + January (1st week) for mock tests, sample papers and problem solving.

I want to know whether the registration forms are available. Also, what is the exam date?

AIIMS MBBS exam application form is not yet available. AIIMS is yet to announce the exam dates for AIIMS MBBS entrance exam 2015.

Is it compulsory for me to be in the top 37 ranks AIR in AIIMS entrance so that I am able to get admission in AIIMS Delhi? Since there are only 37 seats available in AIIMS Delhi for UR category.

Its not compulsory but yes ranks should be around it to get admission in AIIMS Delhi. There may be other category students in top 37 and thus give you opportunity to get a seat even if your rank is more than 37.

However after referring to AIIMS MBBS Cut Offs for previous years you really need to get rank in top 40 to get admission in AIIMS Delhi for MBBS Admission.

I want to know whether 60% marks overall are required in PCB for OBC or in individual subjects ??

Soumya, you need to score 60% average in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English in 12th std for general category and 50% for SC/ST/OBC.

Hey Rakesh, I hope you know that the forms are out and the registrations are going on only till 10th April’15.
If you haven’t registered yet, it’s time you begin.

Since there are only 15-20 days let for AIIMS 2015, I was wondering if you guys could provide some quick revision tips for speed revising. Like, since a week, I am revising formulas, going through the diagrams, and re-reading the summary of each chapter in NCERT textbooks. I have AIIMS explorer with me, which contains question papers from 1994-2014. So, is doing this much enough for revision? Because, I don’t think there is enough time for me to re-read the whole chapters again.

Focusing the preparation keeping the syllabus as the base would help you save time as well as your can have your attention on the important topics

Clearing the basics being studied in class 11th and 12th is the key to score great in the AIIMS 2015

Practicing as much you can from the past year question booklets and from the sample papers available in the markets can help a lot in understanding the format and get along with the questions that can come in the same format in the exam.

Increase the speed by solving the maximum number of questions in a day. For instance if you are able to solve 80-100 questions in a day with ease increase it to 140-150 in a day after a week, this can boost your confidence as well as let you have a planned preparation for the final exam.

Practice as much you can on the difficult areas and keep asking the doubts to your mentor or even friends but make sure no doubts shall be unanswered.

Make the separate notes of all the formulas of physics and record the chemical formula and reactions of chemistry.

Prepare the diagrams of biology as you can expect such in the exam to identify from the given diagrams

As biology is a subject of theory make sure you take out time on everyday basis to revise the definitions and meanings of the terminology you learnt.