Thread: I am only interested to study B.Arch in IIT. Do I need to write JEE Main

I am only interested to study B.Arch in IIT. Do I need to write JEE Main

I am only interested to study B.Arch in IIT. Do I need to write only Paper-1 or only Paper-2, or both Paper-1 and Paper-2 of JEE (Main) - 2013?

Ans.
    All the candidates aspiring for undergraduate courses in IIT (irrespective of any branch) should write Paper-1 of JEE (Main). If selected within the top 1,50,000 (including all categories), the candidate will be able to write the JEE (Advanced) - 2013. Moreover, candidates desirous of joining the B.Arch courses will be required to qualify in an Aptitude Test to be conducted at all zonal IITs on 28th June 2013 (Friday). However the seat allotment will be done based on the JEE (Advanced) 2013 rank only.

Re: I am only interested to study B.Arch in IIT. Do I need to write JEE Main

I am qualified in Paper 1 of jee mains and I have even written Jee advance..My doubt is whether I need to qualify in Jee advance in order 2 write Architecture Aptitude Test...of IIT?

Quote Originally Posted by Carol29 View Post
    I am qualified in Paper 1 of jee mains and I have even written Jee advance..My doubt is whether I need to qualify in Jee advance in order 2 write Architecture Aptitude Test...of IIT?
    As per JEE Advanced official site

Qs - I am only interested to study B.Arch in IIT. Do I need to write only Paper-1 or only Paper-2, or both Paper-1 and Paper-2 of JEE (Main) - 2013?
    Ans.
    All the candidates aspiring for undergraduate courses in IIT (irrespective of any branch) should write Paper-1 of JEE (Main). If selected within the top 1,50,000 (including all categories), the candidate will be able to write the JEE (Advanced) - 2013. Moreover, candidates desirous of joining the B.Arch courses will be required to qualify in an Aptitude Test to be conducted at all zonal IITs on 28th June 2013 (Friday). However the seat allotment will be done based on the JEE (Advanced) – 2013 rank only.

For now, as you have given JEE Main and JEE Advanced, it would be best that you apply for IIT ATT on 24 June and start preparing for the same.
    JEE Main 2014 | JEE Advanced 2014 | VITEEE 2014 | MGIMS PMT 2014 | How to study effectively
    Please feel free to ask any queries related to all admission exams and procedures. If you have any queries regarding Admission 2014, Entrance exams, exam preparation or any other question, please ask here.

Quote Originally Posted by Carol29 View Post
    Yes you have to.