by Arora D S

Details of Book: A Text Book Of General & Engineering Geology
    Book: A Text Bok Of General & Engineering Geology
    Author: Arora D S
    ISBN: 8185266786
    ISBN-13: 9788185266787, 978-8185266787
    Publisher: Mohindra Capital

http://aglasem.com/downloads/2010/12/a- ... arora-d-s/

How do i start studying Geology? What are the universities available for Studying geology (Specially Petrology, Engineering geology and Hydrogeology )? I am a science graduate but i need to change my carrier path. Would i be able to do a Master in geology and start my carrier as a geologist because i am about 30 years old?

MSc in Geology is offered by

IT BHU

Eligibility Criteria / Entry Requirements
    B.Sc. (Hons.)/B.Sc. under at least 10+2+3 pattern securing a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate in Science subjects (considering all the three years of B.Sc. Course). The subject in which admission is sought must be a Hons. subject at B.Sc. (Hons.) level/subject studied in all the three parts at Graduate level. However, for admission to M.Sc. in Geology/Geology a candidate must also have offered Chemistry as one of the subjects at the Graduate level.

IIT Bombay
    Offers M.Sc. (Applied Geophysics)
    Admission Requirements
    Selection for admission will be based on the performance in the Joint Admission Test for M.Sc. ( JAM) conducted at 52 centres in the country, in the first/second week of May. Candidates will have to appear for the test at their own expenses. Centralized admission in IITs will be made on the basis of the rank in the Joint Admission Test and the choice of candidate.
    Minimum Qualifications
    B.Sc. First Class/Division with Geology as major subject and Physics / Chemistry / Mathematics / Biological Science as subsidiaries with Mathematics as one of the subjects at 10 + 2 or higher levels. When a degree is awarded without mention of Class/Division the candidate must have obtained at least 60% aggregate marks or GPA of 6.00 on 10 point scale at the B.Sc. examination.

Don't know about Age Requirements. It is not mentioned anywhere.
    JEE Main 2014 | JEE Advanced 2014 | VITEEE 2014 | MGIMS PMT 2014 | How to study effectively
    Please feel free to ask any queries related to all admission exams and procedures. If you have any queries regarding Admission 2014, Entrance exams, exam preparation or any other question, please ask here.