The NERIST Entrance Examination NEE 2014 is conducted at three Levels
  • NEE-I
  • NEE-II
  • NEE-III

for admissions to Base Module. Diploma Module & Degree Module of Engineering & Technology branches of Technology stream: and to Degree Module of Forestry stream through NEE-II only). The entrance examination is conducted at various centers located in the North Eastern States of India viz.. Arunachal Pradesh, Assam. Meghalaya. Manipur. Mizoram. Nagaland. Sikkim & Tripura. The selection of candidates is done in order of merit under various reservation categories.

Click Here for complete information of NEE 2014.

NEE I - For class 10 pass students
NEE II - For class 10+2 PCM/PCMB pass students OR with10+2 Vocational / ITI / NERIST Certificate
NEE III - For class 3-year Diploma course pass students

NERIST Entrance Exam NEE 2014 Dates

NEE Dates will be announced in December 2014. Tentative dates are given below
NERIST NEE Exam Notification January 2014
Last Date to receive NEE Application 28/02/2014
NEE I Exam Date 27/04/2014
NEE II and NEE III Exam Date 26/04/2014

NERIST Entrance Exam NEE 2014 Eligibility

NEE I -
Age Limit: 19 years for GE, 24 years for ST/SC/PD and 22 years for OBC and female applicants
Academic Qualification For NEE-I: Applicants should have passed Class 10 / Matriculation examination or an equivalent examination with Science and Mathematics. They should have passed in both Science and Mathematics subjects.

NEE II -
Age Limit: 23 years for GE, 28 years for ST/SC/PD and 26 years for OBC and female applicants
NEE-II (PCMB): For Technology Stream- Applicants with 10+2 PCM/PCMB should have passed with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM), separately. For Forestry stream- Applicants with 10+2 PCB/PCMB should have passed in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB), separately.
NEE-II (Vocational) For Technology Stream only:

Applicants with10+2 Vocational / ITI / NERIST Certificate in any one of the branches / trades, viz., Farm Equipment (FE) / Food Processing (FP) / Construction Technology i.e. Draftsmanship / Surveyor (CT) / Electronics Technology or Electronics Maintenance (ET/EM) / Electrical Technology or Electrical Maintenance (ET/EM) / Mechanical Craftsmanship (MC) / Automobile Technology (AT) and Refrigeration & Air Conditioning(R&AC) are eligible.

NEE III
Age Limit: 40 years for GE, 45 years for ST/SC/PD and 43 years for OBC and female applicants
Applicants must have passed the 3-year Diploma course from any Government recognized polytechnic / institution in the respective or allied discipline/ branch.

NERIST Entrance Exam NEE 2014 Exam Pattern

NEE I
Section Subject Questions Marks/Qs
Section A Physics 35 1
Section B Chemistry 35 1
Section C Mathematics 30 1
25 1
Total Questions 125
Total Marks 150

All questions will be of objective type with multiple-choice answers. For every wrong answer to a question, 25% (¼th) of the marks carried by that question will be deducted. There shall be no deduction for un-attempted question.

NEE II (PCMB)

Section A Physics 25 1
10 2
Section B Chemistry 25 1
10 2
15 2
Section D Biology 30 1
15 2

Pattern of question papers for applicants having Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) or Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) in their 10+2 PCM/PCB qualifying examination

NEE II (Vocational)

Section A Physics 25 1
Section B Chemistry 25 1
Section D Vocational Subject 30 1
20 2

Section-D, Vocational Subject, consists of Syllabus of Common Engineering Sciences (10 questions of 1-mark each & 5 questions of 2-marks each) and that of one Trade / Branch subject (20 questions of 1-mark each & 15 questions of 2-marks each) as given below from Sl. No. 1 to 8, which should be appropriate to the academic qualification of an applicant.

NERIST Entrance Exam NEE 2014 Application

The Completed Application and the Acknowledgement card bearing the applicant’s address on it and postage stamp of 6/- pasted on it should be kept in the Application-Envelope in such a way that the OMR Application Number must be seen through the window of the Envelope. The same should then be sent by Registered Post / Speed Post / Courier Services to:

The Member Secretary,
NERIST Entrance Examination (NEE)-2013,
North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology, P.O: Nirjuli, Dist. Papumpare, Arunachal Pradesh, Pin – 791109.

You can apply Online HERE.

NERIST Entrance Exam NEE 2014 Admit Card

NEE 2014 Admit Card will be available HERE in March 2014.

NERIST Entrance Exam NEE 2014 Syllabus

If you have any queries regarding NERIST NEE 2014, please ask here.